Are you just as excited for IRCE 2017 as we are? Tealium is on our way to the largest e-commerce tradeshow in the industry that promises 7,000 attendees, 600 vendors, 200+ speakers and 130+ sessions. We’ll be surrounded by industry experts and like-minded peers from top brands such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, Macy’s and more.
Anyone who’s been to the windy city of Chicago knows that the sights to see and attractions to visit are endless – so we’ve compiled our list of the top 10 things we recommend all #IRCE17 attendees do while in town.
- Food – In Chicago the culinary possibilities are endless as the city boasts having over 5,500 restaurants to choose from. But you can’t come to Chicago and deny your tastebuds from experiencing one of their three most classic foods – deep dish pizza, Chicago dogs (hot dog with 7 toppings) and Italian beef sandwiches. Not wanting to leave the venue in search of a Chicago classic? We’ve got you covered! Enjoy a tasty Chicago dog for lunch at Tealium booth #329 on Wednesday, June 7th, from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. CT.
- Millennium Park – It’s located just 2 miles (a 6 minute drive) from McCormick Place. At Millennium Park you’ll find a new kind of town square with a lively gathering spot that includes a state-of-the-art collection of architecture and landscape designs. Be sure to take a selfie with “The Bean” (who’s actual name is Cloud Gate) within the park too.
- The Second City Comedy Club – The Club has been bringing comedy to Chicago for over 50 years and is the leading brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Second City Alum like Tina Fey, Chris Farley and Bill Murray have all graced the stage with their comedic presence and Second City’s current lineup of talent promises to delight. Tickets range from $20-$30 and they have shows every night so go and get your funny on!
- Chicago Blues Festival – The largest free blues music festival in the world will be at the famed Millennium Park June 9-11th from 11 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. CT each day. More than 500,000 blues fans turn out for this annual event that proves Chicago truly is the “Blues Capital of the World.” Learn more here.
- Chicago Cubs Game – No trip to Chicago in the summer would be complete without attending one of the oh-so-famously fun Cubbies games! The Cubs will be taking on the Mariners and the Rockies this week and will be giving away great swag at the gate like hats, throwback jerseys and bobbleheads. Buy your tickets today.
- I | O Godfrey Lounge – Chicago’s largest outdoor rooftop lounge evokes a unique in-is-out and out-is-in vibe. BONUS: Tealium will be holding an “Apres Ski” party at the Godfrey on Wednesday June 7th from 7 – 10 p.m. CT for IRCE attendees to unwind after a long day of sessions and take in the unobstructed views of the Chicago skyline over chef crafted cocktails and upscale bar fare. Come socialize with new and old industry friends and RSVP today!
- Lincoln Park Zoo – This free (yes, we said free), family-oriented zoo experience is located in the heart of Chicago and is a magnificent world of wildlife in the shadows of skyscrapers. Hear a lion’s roar echo off nearby apartment buildings and see gorillas climb trees as the Willis Tower looms in the distance. Check it out today.
- Magnificent Mile – Michigan Avenue’s shopping district boasts more than 450 retailers – including popular brands, major department stores, international luxury labels and designers and three vertical shopping centers, each with incentives and premier savings. Find your favorite shops in advance and hit the streets when you arrive.
- Navy Pier – One of the most important civic landscapes in the United States celebrates and showcases the vitality of Chicago. Navy Pier is a place where visitors experience the natural beauty of the lakefront and Chicago’s magnificent skyline. There are daily cruises, fireworks shows, exhibits and more – checkout what’s going on when you’re free so you can enjoy this vibrant pier.
- Shedd Aquarium – One of the largest indoor aquariums, Shedd has a diverse global animal collection surrounded by eye popping architecture. Visitors can meet up to 32,000 amazing animals and explore the world’s oceans, rivers and reefs, right in downtown Chicago. Plan your visit today.
There are so many wonderful attractions to see, adventures to experience and restaurants to dine at that it would be impossible to recommend them all. Hopefully this list gets you as excited for IRCE as we are.
Can’t wait to meet you all this week!