Quarter Milestones Reflect Tealium’s Market Momentum, Winning Technology
San Diego, CA (April 3, 2013) – Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management, today announced record first quarter revenue, sales bookings and enterprise customer growth, while also raising $15.6M in Series C Financing from a trio of highly respected venture capital firms: Tenaya Capital, Battery Ventures and Presidio Ventures. Tealium’s achievements reflect the company’s success in landing major global brands with the fastest, easiest to use, and most data-focused tag management platform on the market.
“We are seeing incredible interest in our award-winning, innovative platform for managing the strategically important data layer of web sites and mobile applications,” said Jeff Lunsford, CEO at Tealium. “Our customers are achieving new levels of success as they deploy Tealium solutions to simplify tag management and regain marketing agility.”
Highlights in the quarter, ending on March 31, include:
- A 185 percent increase in sales bookings compared to the same quarter last year, and a 245 percent increase in non-GAAP revenue during that same period.
- The raising of $15.6M of additional growth capital in a Series C investment round led by Silicon Valley-based Tenaya Capital, to fund expansion of product development, customer operations and go-to-market resources. Battery Ventures, which lead Tealium’s $10.5M Series B round, and Presidio Ventures, the venture capital arm of Sumitomo Corporation, also participated. Tealium has now raised a total of $27M in financing.
- Global enterprise customer growth to 250+ businesses that are focused on optimizing their digital presence across all channels.
- The launch of Tealium DataCloud, a new digital data platform that provides a timely, cost-effective way for an organization to consolidate customer interaction data across all digital touch points.
- The release of major new feature updates to Tealium iQ, the company’s enterprise tag management solution, and Tealium Mobile, including new patent-pending capabilities.
- The launch of the industry’s first multi-CDN tag management delivery network, which leverages Limelight Networks, Akamai Technologies, and EdgeCast Networks to serve Tealium’s clients’ tags around the world in optimal fashion.
- The launch of two major customer initiatives: Digital Velocity, an annual user conference that drew more than 200 people to the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego in January, and Tag Management University (TMU), the industry’s first formalized tag management training program. On June 20, 2013, Tealium will host Digital Velocity Europe in London.
- The opening of new worldwide headquarters in San Diego’s Torrey Pines Science and Technology Park.
- Being named a finalist for Best New Technology by the Digital Analytics Association (DAA) in its 2013 Awards for Excellence program.
“The Tealium team continues to surpass our expectations in all areas of execution,” said Neeraj Agrawal, general partner at Battery Ventures. “We are pleased to provide additional funding as their world-class team builds the clear category leader. We are big believers in the structural shift of budgetary dollars from traditional IT into the marketing suite as cloud-based service providers like Tealium allow companies to increase marketing agility.”
“We are incredibly pleased with our progress to date,” said Mike Anderson, chairman, CTO and co-founder at Tealium. “Our engineering and operations teams are advancing our solutions and expanding our platform at a pace unparalleled in the industry. This additional capital will fuel our growth and help us support our customers’ efforts to achieve new levels of success across all digital channels.”
“Tenaya Capital brings excellent software-as-a-service, e-commerce and cloud expertise to the table, with investments in market leaders such as Lithium, New Relic, Zuora, Kayak and Palo Alto Networks,” said Ali Behnam, president and co-founder at Tealium. “We are pleased to welcome Stewart Gollmer to Tealium’s board of directors. We are also thrilled to have Presidio Ventures as a new investment partner, giving us important access into the Asia-Pacific market.”
To find out more about Tealium, please visit www.tealium.com.