New index shows which marketing solutions enterprise marketers have implemented on their websites to help drive digital results
San Diego, CA (August 14, 2013) — Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management today announced the launch of the Tealium Digital 100, a new index showing the most deployed digital marketing solutions on enterprise websites worldwide.
Compiled quarterly, the Tealium Digital 100 reveals which digital marketing vendor tags are deployed across Tealium’s global base of 300+ enterprise customers, representing thousands of websites, including e-commerce, publishing, financial services, travel and more. The index lists each vendor, along with the category that they belong to, ranging from advertising to social media. With an estimated 2,000+ tag-based digital marketing solutions on the market, the index can be used by marketers as a starting point for understanding the top vendors in the digital marketing landscape.
Highlights of the Q2 2013 Tealium Digital 100 include:
- More than one-third of all vendors (35) in the top 100 are advertising related. This reflects the competitiveness and fragmentation of the market, consisting of vendors from both media and inventory operations. Most notable is the widespread adoption of retargeting and data management platforms (DMPs), alongside the expected bid management and yield management solutions that have been the traditional mainstays of the industry.
- Analytics continues to play an important role in measuring and optimizing digital performance, ranking as the second most populous category with 18 vendors. While Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst continue to dominate traditional web analytics, there has been a rise in specialty analytics vendors, including services for revenue attribution, in-page analytics, and customer experience measurement (also known as voice of the customer).
- Optimization and personalization vendors represented a substantial portion of the Tealium Digital 100 with 12 vendors representing the category. This shows enterprises are getting more sophisticated in supplying online visitors with personalized content and products, as well as testing different offers against each other.
- Despite the fact that paid search accounts for a large part of the average digital marketing budget (as much as 40 percent, according to a recent Shop.org study), there are only eight search engine marketing vendors represented in the Digital 100. Compared to display advertising, search engine marketing is a much more mature market with a defined set of players.
- The breakdown of the remaining categories includes: affiliate marketing (9 vendors), social media and shopping (6 vendors each), email marketing / marketing automation (4), and other (2).
“The Tealium Digital 100 reflects real trends in marketing, including the ongoing shift from contextual advertising to audience-based or targeted advertising,” said Erik Bratt, Vice President of Marketing for Tealium. “The index also gives CMOs a unique understanding of the vendor mix that savvy enterprises deploy to optimize results.”
Tealium helps digital marketers increase efficiency and results by making it easy to deploy and manage the website and mobile tags that most digital marketing vendors require. Tealium provides turnkey tag integration with 500+ vendors, enabling marketers to add, edit or remove any tag by themselves without requiring software development. To become certified within Tealium’s Tag Marketplace, vendors can directly contact Tealium.
“We’re happy to see that the Tealium Digital 100 reflects ForeSee’s standing as one of the most widely-used customer experience metrics in the world,” said Eric Feinberg, Senior Director of Mobile, Media & Entertainment for Foresee, a pioneer in customer experience analytics. “The Tealium Digital 100 is a useful tool for companies hoping to narrow the field by seeing which best-in-class tools other companies are using.”
The Tealium Digital 100, Q2 2013 (ranked alphabetically by category)
|Affiliate Window||Affiliate Marketing|
|Commission Junction||Affiliate Marketing|
|Google Affiliate Network||Affiliate Marketing|
|Impact Radius||Affiliate Marketing|
|Google Universal Analytics||Analysen|
|BlueLithium (Yahoo)||Display Advertising|
|BuyBuddy (Brighter Option)||Display Advertising|
|DoubleClick – Floodlight||Display Advertising|
|DoubleClick – Spotlight||Display Advertising|
|Efficient Frontier||Display Advertising|
|Google Publisher Tag||Display Advertising|
|Improve Digital 360Yield||Display Advertising|
|Media 6 Degrees||Display Advertising|
|MediaMind (BurstingPipe)||Display Advertising|
|Microsoft adCenter||Display Advertising|
|Right Media||Display Advertising|
|Rocket Fuel||Display Advertising|
|ValueClick Media (Fastclick)||Display Advertising|
|YD (Yieldivision)||Display Advertising|
|CheetahMail||Email / Marketing Automation|
|Eloqua||Email / Marketing Automation|
|ExactTarget||Email / Marketing Automation|
|Marketo||Email / Marketing Automation|
|Adobe Test and Target||Optimization / Personalization|
|Baynote||Optimization / Personalization|
|Certona||Optimization / Personalization|
|Datalogix||Optimization / Personalization|
|Kampyle||Optimization / Personalization|
|Monetate||Optimization / Personalization|
|MyBuys||Optimization / Personalization|
|MyThings||Optimization / Personalization|
|Optimizely||Optimization / Personalization|
|SeeWhy||Optimization / Personalization|
|TellApart||Optimization / Personalization|
|Visual Website Optimizer||Optimization / Personalization|
|Bing Conversion||Search Engine Marketing|
|Google AdWords Conversions||Search Engine marketing|
|Google AdWords Remarketing||Search Engine Marketing|
|Invite Media||Search Engine Marketing|
|Kenshoo||Search Engine marketing|
|Marin Software||Search Engine Marketing|
|RKG (Rimm-Kaufman Group)||Search Engine Marketing|
|Yahoo Search Marketing||Search Engine Marketing|
|Nextag ROI Tracker||Shopping|
|Facebook Conversions||Social Media|
|Google Plus||Social Media|
To find out more about the Tealium Digital 100, please visit www.tealium.com/digital100.