10 Ways Tealium Powers Marketing Automation Programs
One of the questions we get at Tealium is how we work with different technologies. With so many solutions touting the same goal, it can often be difficult to understand how these marketing applications work together to meet your team’s objectives. At Tealium, we help marketers get more value out of their existing digital marketing stack, create unified profiles of their visitors, and connect those profiles with every solution in their technology stack, including email, mobile, social, display advertising, search marketing and more.
Companies that leverage marketing automation solutions have often taken the first step toward building data-driven programs through better management of email campaign and landing pages. Tealium helps enrich those initiatives with more granular customer insights (such as product category interest, content topic effectiveness and browsing behaviors) to create seamless, coordinated campaigns that span beyond traditional marketing automation channels. This leads to higher conversion rates and better customer experiences.
Here are some of the most popular ways our customers are leveraging Tealium’s customer data platform to enhance their marketing automation solutions, such as Marketo, Eloqua and HubSpot, as well as improve their overall marketing effectiveness.
- Distribute visitor profiles across your stack – Many companies have a great understanding of customers who opt-in to email programs because it’s easy to connect that data to CRM systems. But what about your other channels? Tealium helps connect important visitor attributes across every part of your digital marketing stack, which boosts ROI in each channel and creates a more seamless and enjoyable experience for customers.
- Gain deeper context about those who interact with you on digital channels – Most marketers have tackled the basics of getting key milestones from digital channels – such as registering for a demo, or signing up for a newsletter – integrated into their MA solutions. With Tealium, companies can add rich detail based on a visitor’s interaction history. For example, if a visitor is browsing one product more than all others, your team should know that early interest indicator when it comes time to engage in a nurturing program.
- Manage your Google AdWords spend based on individual attributes – Most marketing automation solutions enable you to bid on keywords. Tealium’s seamless integration with Google AdWords empowers you to modify your spend based on what you know about your visitors and customers. For example, you might want to remove existing customers from your general campaigns, but perhaps spend more on campaigns focused on your upsell products.
- Supercharge and unite your analytics solutions – One of the problems faced by marketing teams is the siloed insights they gather in each of their marketing technology (martech) applications. The marketing ops specialist might use one system, the analyst might use another, and the VP might use a third. Each has their own understanding of customer journeys and don’t necessarily speak the same language. With Tealium, your visitor attributes and definitions are shared simultaneously with every tool you use, allowing each team member to understand their piece of the larger puzzle using the same set of data.
- Unlock your team’s potential with a common language – Following on the previous point, when your applications share a common understanding of your visitors, your team members can speak the same language when it comes to optimizing your programs. Suddenly, your marketing operations specialist can identify audiences that can be leveraged by every other part of the organization.
- Experiment instantly to find the right marketing stack – Which re-targeting vendor is right for your business? Often times you don’t know until you test a couple vendors to see which provides the best lift. But deploying technologies to your web site is often weighed down by other developer priorities. With Tealium, marketers can deploy any of 800+ digital marketing technologies without burdening IT resources. Plus marketers can test vendors in A/B split tests to see which perform the best for their business.
- Ensure consistent implementations every time – Ask any marketing operations specialist how easy it is to manage the myriad of landing pages, micro-sites, lead forms, and campaign sites and you’ll likely get a chuckle. With Tealium, marketers can implement standards that ensure the right vendors and the right data is collected on every page, every time. Plus, if there’s ever a change that needs to be made, marketers can leverage the Tealium UI to make changes without having to wait for a developer to become available.
- Craft more relevant advertising and re-targeting programs – Re-targeting programs often provide a bump in conversion rates because you are hitting an existing audience with an ad that reminds them about your business. But are you getting the right message in front of that prospective customer or are they seeing a more general marketing message? With Tealium, you can leverage your customized visitor attributes to build messaging that applies to the prospect’s interests in real time.
- Understand customers when they shift between devices – You’ve carefully crafted your messaging, you have your analytics optimized, and your customer journeys are fully mapped. But what happens when your prospect shifts from their desktop to their iPad or other mobile device? Do you still know who that prospect is, and can you act on that data? With Tealium’s visitor stitching technology, we help you solve the device-shift dilemma and ensure that each of your vendors share the same understanding of a prospect every time.
- Add customer data from offline sources – Do you have other data about customers and prospects that sit in other offline systems? Perhaps you have details from your back-end systems about product usage or registration data from your recent event. Tealium allows you to easily integrate additional data sources that describe your customers and allows you to share that across your digital stack.
As you can see, many of these examples expand to other channels beyond traditional marketing automation programs. That’s because visitors are interacting fluidly across channels and devices. Creating a unified understanding of your visitors and customers allows you to maximize your marketing technology investments and create truly unified marketing campaigns that reach customers across every touch point.