Tealium Celebrates Banner Year in 2014: Propelled by Record Sales Growth, Thriving Ecosystem, and Unparalleled Customer Satisfaction
Highlights organic sales growth of 138 percent year over year, expanded global presence, rapidly growing enterprise customer base, and groundbreaking product innovation
SAN DIEGO, CA (January 22, 2015) – Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management and real-time unified marketing solutions, today announced operating and product highlights from 2014. The company’s organic sales growth of 138 percent year over year was driven by an unmatched ecosystem of digital technology partners, unparalleled customer satisfaction among a vast and diverse base of enterprise customers, and consistent product innovation.
Operating and Company Highlights from 2014:
- Recorded organic sales growth of 138 percent year over year.
- Reported a renewals rate of 123 percent by dollars, including upsells of the Tealium AudienceStream™ solution and data services.
- Added over 200 new enterprise customers to the company’s global customer base.
- Select new customers and upsells in Q4 include California Travel and Tourism Commission, Cirque de Soleil, ClearDATA, IDG, Luxury Link, PetBox, Shindigz, Timex.com, Vizio, joining a comprehensive and diverse customer base that includes Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, Domino’s Pizza, HanesBrands, Kimberly-Clark, Melia Hotels, and Univision Communications.
- Solidified the company’s presence in key locations across the globe, with office openings and headcount expansions in the UK, France, Spain, Australia, and Japan.
- Named a ‘Vendor to Watch’ in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Marketing Hubs. Also named to the 500, an annual ranking of America’s fastest-growing private companies, and highlighted as one of Forbes Magazine list of one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine, a ‘Best Place to Work’ by the San Diego Business Journal and Best Companies Group, and one of the OnMedia 50 Companies to Watch by AlwaysOn.
Product Innovation Highlights from 2014:
- Delivered omnichannel enrichment via Tealium AudienceStream, enabling customers to easily enrich their existing digital data with offline and off-site data.
- Announced a first-of-its-kind integration with Optimizely, the fastest-growing optimization platform in the world.
- Introduced new AudienceStream connectors that integrate seamlessly with all leading email service providers, and an expansive number of advertising, customer relationship management (CRM), and marketing automation platforms. New connectors delivered in Q4 include MailChimp, Bronto, Parse, and Mandrill.
- Expanded AudienceStream capabilities in display and search advertising to reach 90 percent of Internet users worldwide.
- Released localized versions of AudienceStream in French, German, and Japanese.
- Launched Tealium Tools for Chrome, a new way to interact with Tealium’s solutions, currently available in the Google Chrome Web Store.
- Introduced new mobile plug-ins for Phonegap, Appcelerator, Titanium, and Unity.
- Enhanced the industry’s most robust tag marketplace, which now supports 750+ digital marketing technology integrations with the Tealium iQ™ service, more than all other leading tag management vendors combined.
“In 2014, the conversation shifted from tag management, which is now widely accepted as a best practice, to focus more broadly on the incredible business benefits that are realized when enterprises can standardize and leverage the data being collected and transmitted across a diverse number of cloud-based and in-house technologies,” said Jeff Lunsford, CEO of Tealium. “Demanding, savvy, omnichannel consumers now rule the day, and forward-thinking companies are working diligently to streamline their ‘data supply chains’ to enable real-time action based on real-time customer intelligence. Tealium iQ and AudienceStream serve as ideal, neutral data enrichment and transport platforms for feeding all omnichannel solutions with actionable data, as well as delivering much more timely information into business intelligence and data warehousing solutions. Just as application servers and real-time messaging software became exciting new layers of the application stack over a decade ago, ‘data layers’ and real-time data servers have now become best practice solutions. We are proud to be leading this innovative trend, and empowering our customers to enjoy the immense benefits of actionable, real-time insight across all digital touch points.”
“Tealium has opened the floodgates for our creativity,” said Matt Reeves, senior manager of digital marketing at Charter Communications. “Today, it’s very easy to put a pixel on a page and from that pixel gain a comprehensive perspective on customer behavior. The data we collect is helping us better segment audiences to more effectively target campaigns and content. We’ve been very successful optimizing at the top of the funnel, but we see even more opportunities for leveraging segmentation to optimize mid- and bottom-funnel campaigns.”
“Tealium iQ is helping HARMAN e-commerce achieve the immediacy of action required for successful digital marketing,” said Jeremy Myers, manager of global e-commerce analytics at HARMAN International. “We have new agility to move on opportunities and to incorporate new technologies. Tealium’s data layer will also help us more easily unify our online marketing applications and minimize effort and risk in future update processes.”
For more information on Tealium, visit www.tealium.com.