Tealium Achieves Banner Year and Extends Global Leadership in Enterprise Tag Management
Continued Innovation in Tag Management and Demand for New AudienceStream Solution Drive 140 Percent Revenue Growth in 2013
San Diego, CA (January 15, 2014) – Tealium®, the leader in enterprise tag management and digital data distribution, today announced another record year for revenue and customer growth. During the year ending Dec. 31, 2013, Tealium increased revenue by 140 percent compared to the previous year, while more than doubling its global enterprise customer base. The strong growth was fueled by ongoing demand for the company’s flagship tag management product, Tealium iQ, as well as the release of Tealium AudienceStream, a first-of-its-kind audience segmentation and digital data distribution platform launched in September. Select customers added in 2013 include Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, HARMAN, Hiscox, McAfee, Party City, Petco, Priceline, Travelocity, Trend Micro EMEA, The Weather Channel and Vodafone.
“Tealium is poised for continued 100-plus percent growth in 2014 as more and more marketers seek solutions for bringing order to the chaos that is caused by an overload of vendor tags and fragmented data,” said Jeff Lunsford, CEO of Tealium. “Through new innovations like AudienceStream, we can help marketers reduce the friction involved in cross-channel data collection and distribution, allowing all of their ‘marketing cloud’ solutions to work better together. We are pleased with our strong growth in the U.S. and Europe, and are excited to be establishing a presence in the Asia-Pacific region.”
Tealium’s solutions help marketers seamlessly manage their digital marketing deployments, and solve their big data challenges at the source. During the fourth quarter, Tealium saw exceptionally strong demand for AudienceStream, which enables marketers to segment, enrich and take action on their audiences in real-time using their existing digital marketing applications. Select new AudienceStream customers include Coastal.com and Dimension Data.
“Tealium AudienceStream will help us unify our digital marketing efforts to drive better results for remarketing and site personalization,” said Tomomi Chu, Display Ad Specialist for Coastal.com, the largest online retailer of contact lenses and eyewear in the U.S. “First with its tag management solution, and now AudienceStream, Tealium is making our jobs as marketers easier and more effective.”
Highlights from 2013 include:
- 140 percent increase in revenue, and more than doubling the company’s enterprise customer base worldwide. Tealium now has hundreds of enterprise customers around the world, representing thousands of top brands.
- Rapid growth in Europe and expansion into the Asia-Pacific region, including the signing of Cathay Pacific Airways.
- Signing more than 30 new clients that are listed on the Internet Retailer 500 (IR500), a ranking of the top online retailers in the country. Tealium now has 61 total customers on the prestigious list. At the end of Q4 2013, Tealium’s e-commerce clients represented more than $75B in annual online transactions, more than triple the amount at the end of 2012.
- New AudienceStream integrations with Salesforce.com and ExactTarget, making it easy for marketers to distribute and take action on audiences.
- Additional strategic partnerships with major digital marketing and big data solution providers, and related open source projects, includingSplunk, Demandware,Drupal, ExactTarget and Magento.
- Winner of the 2013 Red Herring Global Top 100 Award, and the 2013 Red Herring Top 100 Award for North America.
- Receiving $15.6M in Series C financing from top venture capital firms Battery Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Presidio Ventures.
“Tealium is proving that its technology is a cornerstone for enterprise digital marketing,” said Neeraj Agrawal, General Partner for Battery Ventures. “What started with tag management has evolved into a much greater opportunity with the launch of AudienceStream – providing a unified data layer that helps marketers improve the performance of their existing marketing solutions. Tealium has exceeded our expectations, and we look forward to a stellar 2014.”
Tealium will kick off 2014 with the launch of its second annual global user conference, Digital Velocity™, scheduled to take place on Jan. 23 – 24, 2014 in San Diego. The event will be a gathering of digital marketing influencers and practitioners, and will include in-depth discussions and training around how tag management and digital data distribution can be leveraged to maximize customer value and increase ROI. For more information about Digital Velocity, please visit: www.digitalvelocityconference.com.