At Tealium, our mission is to honor your privacy preferences and safeguard your personal data when you engage with us and our technology. We are committed to earning your trust by our commitment to transparency, security, putting you in control of your privacy choices, and using your personal data for no other purpose than as communicated to you.
Our technology platform — known as the Tealium Customer Data Hub — helps companies manage the data that flows between their customers or users and their digital properties (such as their web site, mobile apps, etc.). This helps companies better understand you as an individual, so they can tailor their communications, marketing, and experiences to serve you better.
This page will help you understand how your data is handled and how you can manage your privacy and consent preferences.
The following will help you learn more about privacy at Tealium:
Tealium transfers data from the EU to the US using Standard Contractual Clauses, the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, or the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework. For more information on Tealium’s Privacy Shield compliance, please click here.
- The personal information we request and why we ask for it
- How we acquire your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- How we protect your personal information
- How privacy laws apply
- Who to contact if you have questions or issues about your privacy
Personal information we collect
- When you purchase Tealium’s services, we may ask you to provide billing information. We will also collect information on your IP address and browser type to allow you to use the services.
- When you request information from Tealium or use Tealium’s website, we will ask you for basic contact information such as first and last name, telephone, and email address.
- When you register or attend Tealium’s events, we may ask you for basic contact information, billing information and information on your participation in our events.
- We may also use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to provide information about your interactions on Tealium’s websites.
- If you apply to work at Tealium, we process personal information about you such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and other information such as your employment history and resume.
Use of personal information
Tealium uses personal information we collect about you to provide you with services and with information you requested and to improve Tealium’s websites and services. Some personal information may be processed automatically as a part of operations to support these services.
With whom we share your data
Tealium only shares your personal information in ways that we tell you about. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties. We may share your personal information to certain third parties as set out below:
- Our employees and vendors do things for us like processing credit card payments, sending email messages, and providing customer service. Vendors are only authorized to process the personal information as instructed by us.
- We may disclose your information as required by law or to respond to some sort of legal process. If legally permitted, we will take commercially reasonable measures to inform you of such legal process.
How we protect your personal information?
We take reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, destruction, and unavailability.
How you can control Tealium’s access and use of your personal information
Tealium is committed to only keep customer data for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract. There are two primary ways that you can control your personal information in Tealium – disabling data collection and refining your data preferences. You can let us know that you would prefer not to be tracked by revoking consent on this page or by enabling the “Do Not Track” setting on your browser. This will end all tracking, including our ability to understand how well our content resonates with our readers and customers. You can refine your data collection and privacy preferences by using our Privacy Manager, where you can decide what data is collected about you based on specific purposes. For example, if you are happy to let us track how you use our website, as long as we do not use that for advertising purposes you can simply disable data collection for advertising purposes, while leaving analytics tracking on in our Privacy Manager.
Tealium’s marketing emails contain instructions, including an “unsubscribe link” on how to opt out of receiving marketing emails from Tealium. You can also unsubscribe here.
You have the right to right to know what information we collect about you. You can request access to the personal information that Tealium has about you. In addition, you can request that we (i) correct inaccurate or incomplete information we have about you, (ii) delete any personal information we have about you, (ii) restrict further processing of your personal information, (iv) transfer your personal information to the third party, and (v) opt-out or object to our use of personal information about you where our use if based on your consent or our legitimate interest.
You can do this via our Data Subject Access Request page.
How privacy laws apply
Tealium has certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework. We will always try to resolve your requests, but you can file a complaint with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC), the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, or the EU Data Protection Authorities. For more information on Tealium’s Privacy Shield compliance, please click here. As part of our commitments under the Privacy Shield Framework, we are responsible for the processing of personal information that we receive and transfer to a third party acting for or on our behalf. Tealium strives follow applicable laws and regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act, (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR). Tealium’s private cloud environment also allows Tealium to comply with its obligations as a business associate under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Questions or Comments or How to Contact Us
11095 Torreyana Road
San Diego, CA 92121
Attn: Legal Department