Understanding the Tealium Customer Data Hub
Introduction to the CDH Documentation
The CDH is the Tealium solution providing a central platform for end-to-end management of customer data across a tech stack.
Foundational Concept: The Data Layer
The Data Layer is the bedrock of your Tealium solution and serves as the one true definition of your data.
Get Building-Block Data and Normalize
Collect and Standardize
Get Data from Anywhere and Map to Your Data Layer
- Tealium Universal Tag (utag.js) for end-to-end client-side tag and data management (see mobile setup here).
- Or use Tealium Collect Tag to get data into server-side infrastructure.
Collect data from other devices (like mobile, IoT, etc) with platform libraries, SDKs, APIs, etc.
Collect data from offline sources and upload
- Import offline data
Supplement online data with valuable offline data from in-store, data warehouses, data lakes, etc.
Build Customer Insights Directly into the Data
Transformation and Enrichment
Set up a Customer Data Platform to Use Data Across Your Stack
Create a rich and portable customer profile to trigger actions in downstream systems or power further analysis of the data.
- Enrich visitor profiles with Attributes to build rich insights into your data.
- Resolve customer identities with Visitor Stitching for a continuous customer view.
- Manage Audiences across all your vendors.
Validate and Maintain Data Quality
Solve the “garbage in, garbage out” problem by ensuring a high-quality data flow with specifications and tools to inspect data.
- Define Event Specs to ensure incoming data meets expectations.
- Monitor Live Events to see data quality in real time.
- QA data flow for individual users to confirm setup.
Use Machine Learning to Enrich Customer Profiles with Predictive Insights
Scale the value of your CDP data foundation by predicting any behavior you’re tracking
- Define an ML strategy with use cases to determine what data you’ll need.
- Create prediction models to populate customer profiles with predictive scores.
- Evaluate the success of your model.
Send Data for Analysis and Action
Integrate and Activate
Send Data with Tags
Use client-side event data infrastructure for traditional tag-based technologies (this event data could have customer-level insights behind it)
Send Data with Event-based Connectors
Use server-side event data infrastructure for emerging technologies like mobile, IoT, etc
Send Data with Audience-based Connectors
Use server-side audience data infrastructure for emerging technologies that use customer-level data
You can use Tealium Functions to retrieve data from other systems, augment Tealium data, or send data to other endpoints on the server-side.
Use Data in Your Own Data Warehouse or Data Lake
Send all data, or just a subset for any purpose in your internal systems
Getting the Most Out of Tealium
Using the Tealium API
Getting more value out of the configuration and data in Tealium.
Gain visibility and control over end-to-end data flow to manage data security, privacy and compliance.
- Consent and Privacy Management
- User Management and Control;
User management for client-side data
User management for server-side data
- Data Security and Compliance
Certifications and Tools Overview
Working with Data Warehouses and Lakes
Move data back and forth between Tealium and your internal systems.
- Store and access structured event data and structured audience data
- Store and access semi-structured event data and audience data
- Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Pub/Sub
Didn’t Find What You Were Looking For?
The Tealium Customer Data Hub has far more features, capabilities and use cases than can be described in this space. Should you have further questions, please check out our product tour, our active user community or our full documentation.
And please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll follow up ASAP to get you pointed in the right direction!