Case Study: PON Automotive
Streamlining Digital Complexity
Headquartered in the Netherlands, PON employs nearly 14,000 people and is involved in a wide range of activities across 23 countries. PON Automotive manages the import of a number of prestigious European car brands and is responsible for all of their Dutch marketing initiatives.
- One of PON’s brands required the implementation of an analytics solution on the Dutch website
- The complexities of the implementation and the amount of time required proved frustrating so an alternative approach was sought
- After evaluating and testing a number of tag management providers, PON Automotive selected Tealium
- The challenging implementation was resolved in 30 minutes
- Crucially, it allowed PON Automotive to increase the sophistication of its digital marketing
- Time to deploy tags cut from 3 months to a matter of hours
- IT costs significantly reduced
- Improved tracking of web activity
The initial challenge facing PON Automotive was straightforward—to implement Google Analytics on the Dutch website of one particular automotive brand. The complexities of the implementation coupled with the amount of time required for an effective completion proved frustrating so an alternative approach was sought. After evaluating and testing a number of tag management providers, PON Automotive selected Tealium. The deployment of the Tealium iQ™ tag management system allowed for the Google Analytics implementation to be resolved in just 30 minutes, but more importantly, it opened up a range of opportunities for PON Automotive to increase the sophistication of its digital marketing. Having successfully and swiftly implemented Google Analytics through Tealium iQ for one brand, PON Automotive saw the potential and rolled out the solution to all six brand websites. This also allowed them to successfully explore a host of initiatives with various vendors such as conversion tracking and re-marketing that further advanced their digital marketing.
From day one, PON Automotive enjoyed benefits from the Tealium solution. After implementation on their first managed automotive brand, they were able to track events and consumer behavior that not even the parent company could manage. The time required to deploy and manage all tags was dramatically cut from 3 months to a matter of hours, resulting in more accurate data being fed back to PON Automotive’s integrated CRM system. IT costs were also significantly reduced as technical teams were free to focus on more strategic initiatives. Tealium iQ was further utilized to ensure re-marketing tags were compliant with Dutch data privacy regulations, a process that would have proved extremely complex and time consuming through manual techniques but simple and straightforward after implementation.