SAN DIEGO, CA (May 5, 2015) – Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management and real-time customer data solutions, today announced operating highlights from the first quarter of 2015. The company’s year over year organic sales growth of 100 percent and customer renewal rate of 127 percent highlight the growing mandate across organizations worldwide to leverage the power of first-party data to drive real-time, relevant customer interactions.
Tealium iQ™, the company’s foundational tag management system (TMS), was recently recognized by Ghostery as the fastest and most reliable TMS available and is used by over 500 organizations globally. Alongside the rapid adoption of Tealium iQ, the Tealium AudienceStream™ real-time enterprise data platform (data management platform) accounted for over 30 percent of new business in Q1. This growth reflects the enormous benefits that organizations get when they are able to easily standardize and harmonize disparate data sources, and then act upon that data in real time to improve results.
Operating and Company Highlights from Q1 2015:
• Recorded organic sales growth of approximately 100 percent year over year.
• Reported a renewal rate of 127 percent by dollars, including AudienceStream and data services upsells.
• Raised $30.7 million in Series D financing, led by the pioneering data and analytics investment team at Georgian Partners, complemented by a major investment from Bain Capital Ventures.
• Grew the company’s diverse enterprise customer base by approximately 60 percent year over year.
o Select new clients and relationship expansions across the globe include Avis Budget EMEA, Brand New Day, JewelScent, Kia Motors America, Lithium Technologies, Lucky Brand Dungarees, Newsquest Media Group, NOVICA United, Politico, StraighterLine, and VAS Data Services.
• Continued to grow the company’s workforce in the US, Europe, and APAC and, in alignment, expanded the leadership team with new vice president appointments in data services, mobile, and sales.
Product Innovation Highlights from Q1 2015:
• Expanded the Tealium iQ tag marketplace vendor portfolio, which now includes an industry-leading 800 turnkey integrations.
• Introduced new e-commerce platform integrations with hybris, now part of SAP, and Oracle Commerce, accelerating adoption of Tealium iQ among online retailers and enabling them to drive more relevant, profitable customer interactions.
• Introduced AudienceStream connectors for leading marketing technology providers, including Criteo, Donky, and Eloqua, now part of Oracle.
• Continued to build and deliver innovative new features for Tealium iQ and AudienceStream in the areas of collaboration, security, mobile, live events, and data distribution.
“There are limitless benefits of owning your data, and there is no better data for fueling superior customer experiences than first-party data,” said Jeff Lunsford, CEO of Tealium. “As consumers continue to demand a ‘360 me’ experience, it is imperative to use data to not just delight them, but to anticipate their expectations and deliver on them. Tealium’s agnostic customer data platform was built from the ground up with this in mind: the best brands generate real-time customer insights, power right-time interactions, and ultimately drive better customer experiences.”
Tealium’s leading customer data platform is comprised of a foundational tag management system, Tealium iQ; the industry’s first real-time enterprise data platform, Tealium AudienceStream; and DataAccess, a comprehensive set of data services aimed at allowing marketers total control over their data. For more information, visit www.tealium.com.