Turning Data Chaos Into Data Intelligence
Since the beginning of time companies of all sizes have been collecting various sources of data while attempting to correlate them into a single source of truth.
The convoluted process looks something like this:
- Get a data feed from your web analytics tool for clickstream data
- Export data from various systems of record including CRM, Loyalty, POS and Call Center
- Compile all of that data into a data warehouse or data lake
- Look for ways to ‘match’ that data up table by table
- Correlate the data into a record based system with the sole purpose of gaining a ‘single view of the customer’
- Run reports, gain insights and export lists of customers to marketing systems
This process can be both complicated and lengthy and the data is most likely stale and lacking any agility. The main reason why this process is so painful is because the correlation happens after the fact, in a post-process format.
Welcome to the wonderful world of data silos.
There has to be a better way to achieving this highly sought after single view of the customer. To make the data orchestration process simpler and seamless we have to first start at the point of data collection, meaning long before the data ever gets put into a silo. This takes some planning but the end result is absolute joy.To make the data orchestration process simpler and seamless we have to first start at the point of data collection Click To Tweet
The modern approach to data orchestration looks like this:
- Establish a company wide data layer strategy so all collected data follows a standard nomenclature
- Integrate a data collection footprint across every customer touchpoint including web, mobile, CRM, POS, Call Center, Kiosk and anywhere else customer data is being created
- Leverage a real-time middleware that can collect, correlate, stitch and enrich data while in flight, rather than after the fact
- Create rules within the middleware system that will make decisions about when to trigger real-time actions across your entire martech stack
- Simultaneously sync this data into your data warehouse or data lake
This modern approach places the data warehouse/data lake at the end of the process, while quickly receiving the real time output from the middleware. The data that you are now analyzing is exactly the same as the data you are taking action on.
The devil is always in the details but this is a game changing evolution in data orchestration.
Tealium can helps organizations deliver on true digital transformation by providing a single and effective approach to managing data across teams, vendors and customer touchpoints in real time. Tealium’s Universal Data Hub turns data chaos into data intelligence so brands can create more meaningful interactions and exceptional customer journeys.
Contact us now and start seeing a single view of your customer today!